Play video poker on Internet
Video Poker is an extremely simplified version of normal poker that is played on an electronic machine. The goal is to have the best hand in two successive betting rounds.
In many video poker versions the player can have many hands in the second betting round so that he can multiply his chance of getting the winning combination.
Some versions are played with jokers which can take the place of any other card. As a result the minimum winning hand is more important than in the classic video pokers (for example the minimum hand of the classic game is the pair of jacks while that of the joker poker is the pair of kings).
How video poker works
- Cards are dealt when the player has already bet on the value of his hand.
- Five cards face-up appear on screen.
- The player selects the cards he wishes to keep for the next betting round. In a multi-line mode these cards will be kept for every hand.
- After making that decision the player throws the second distribution. The cards that have not been selected are possibly replaced on every line.
“Doubling” option in video poker
This opportunity is proposed to players as a way to increase their winnings in each winning hand. Each video poker proposes different “doubling” rules, for this reason it is important to know them.
Winning hands in Video Poker
- Pair of jacks or cards of superior rank (example: two kings).
- Two pairs of cards of any rank (example: two 3 and two kings).
- Three of a kind: three cards of the same rank and two of a different rank (example: three kings, one 8 and a jack)
- Straight: Five cards of different rank in sequence (example: 2 of harts, 3 of clubs, 4 of spades, 5 of spades and 6 of diamonds).
- Flush: Five non-sequenced cards of the same color (example: 2, 5, 7, jack and king of hearts).
- Full: Three of a kind and a pair (example: three kings and two 8).
- Four of a Kind: Four cards of the same rank and a different card (example: 4 aces and a 2)
- Straight Flush: Five cards of the same color in sequence (example: 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 of spades)
- Royal Flush: Five cards of the highest ranking of the same color (example: 10, jack, queen, king and ace of diamonds).